Medical Billing and Coding Specialists/Client Representative
|Location:||Belleville, IL and Creve Couer, MO|
|Position:||Medical Billing and Coding Specialists/Client Representative|
Precision Practice Management is very proud of its rapid expansion in the Midwestern region and throughout the U.S. We attribute our accelerated growth to our ability to provide exceptional revenue cycle management services to our hospital and private physician practice clients. We are experts in many of the most widely used electronic health record and practice management systems today and we are experts in the coding and billing practices of more than 20 medical specialties. We provide our medical billing and coding professionals with comprehensive, ongoing training, as well as robust software tools and proven processes, so that they are in a position to achieve outstanding results for Precision’s clients. We also make a very important commitment to our employees – to provide an exciting professional atmosphere, filled with continued education, training and support from every member of our company, including at the executive level, with a view towards developing each member of our team into a highly skilled medical billing professional dedicated to the success of Precision and its clients. We invite you to join us as we continue our trajectory. Precision is currently seeking qualified Medical Billing and Coding Specialists and Client Representatives to work from its Belleville, IL and Creve Coeur, MO offices.
- Follow protocol to ensure appropriate billing and payment cycles, and accurate and timely billing occur in accordance with established internal and carrier requirements;
- Follow appropriate procedures for follow‐up on third‐party approvals;
- Maintain appropriate internal controls over accounts receivables/cash receipts, and monitors charge posting, billing, and collection operations for compliance with established policies, regulations, procedures, and standards;
- Review charge tickets and resolves problems concerning the recording or provision of services rendered which impact on ability to collect charges;
- Confer with clients regarding delinquent accounts, special adjustments, and/or write‐offs;
- Prepare and maintain required records, files, and reports on billing and financial activities; and
- Ensure compliance with Precision’s Employee Handbook, state and federal laws.
- 2+ years of successful work history as a Medical Biller, Medical Coder or Medical Assistant;
- Experience in the use of EHR and medical billing software, Epic, Nextgen, Allscriptsm LSS, Meditech, Intergy, Mysis or eClinicalWorks a plus;
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) completion preferred;
- Extensive knowledge of appropriate billing and payment cycles for medical accounts;
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology and coding;
- Knowledge of operational characteristics and procedural requirements of third party medical insurance payors;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of physician practices and their patients;
- Must be process and detail oriented;
- Ability to multi-task, as well as organize and prioritize work assignments;
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments timely and accurately.