|Location:||Belleville, IL and Creve Couer, MO|
Precision Practice Management (Precision) has become one of the healthcare industry’s leading enterprises in the region, providing a full portfolio of software products, revenue cycle management services and technical support services to over 500 physicians nationwide. Precision’s many years of success can be attributed to a forward‐thinking, results‐oriented approach to the business needs of our physician practice and hospital clients. At Precision, we stay on the cutting edge of technological advancement and workflow innovation. We have invested heavily to advance the use of technology for the benefit of our clients. We also know our employees make the real difference in maintaining a consistent level of superior performance. Precision’s staff includes software developers, network administrators, claims specialists, RCM client representatives and client service managers. With a diverse portfolio of experience and competencies, Precision fosters a work environment based on teamwork, personal growth, development and achievement, and a commitment to satisfying the needs of our clients in a consistent and exceptional manner. Precision is seeking qualified Certified Coding Specialists to work from its Belleville, IL or Creve Coeur, MO offices.
- Conduct and manage the revenue cycle/medical billing process, including charge review, payment posting, balancing and A/R follow up in accordance with established internal and carrier requirements;
- Assignment of accurate Evaluation and Management (E&M) codes, ICD‐9 diagnoses, current procedural terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes, modifiers and quantities derived from medical record documentation (paper or electronic) for ambulatory procedure visits; and
- Education of staff on coding issues.
- 2+ years of successful work history as a Medical Biller, Medical Coder or Medical Assistant;
- Current certification as a professional coder (CPC) or equivalent certification is required;
- A minimum of three year’s experience in the outpatient setting (physician’s office or ambulatory surgery centers) within the last five years;
- Experience in the business office (insurance billing, accounts receivable) is preferred;
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of physician practices and their patients;
- Knowledge of anatomy/physiology and disease process, medical terminology, coding guidelines (outpatient and ambulatory surgery) and documentation requirements;
- Familiarity with medications and reimbursement guidelines;
- Must be process and detail oriented;
- Ability to multi‐task, as well as organize and prioritize work assignments;
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments timely and accurately.